- Municipal Court
- Defensive Driving
Requirements for Driving Safety Course (DSC)
In order to qualify for the Driving Safety Course (DSC) option to have your citation dismissed, you must meet the following requirements:
- Can not be speeding 25 miles per hour or more over the posted speed limit
- Have a valid Texas driver’s license or be active duty military personnel including spouses and dependent children
- Have insurance or other evidence of financial responsibility
- Have not taken a Driver Safety Course for ticket dismissal within 12 months from date of violation
- The violation was not committed in a construction zone when workers were present
- Request the option and pay the appropriate fee by mail or in-person on or before your court date
- Commercial driver license (CDL) holders do not qualify for this option
Requesting Driving Safety Course (DSC)
If you meet the above criteria, you may request the driving safety course option on or before your scheduled court date printed on your citation. You must submit your request to take the driver safety course and pay a fee of $144.00 BEFORE completing the class. If the violation occurred inside an active school zone there will be an extra $25 fee for a total of $169.00. The DSC option is not available online, paying your fine online will result in a conviction on your record.
You will have 90 days from the date you request the DSC option from the court to complete the course and obtain a certified copy of your driving record (3A). Upon successful completion and return of your documents to the court within the 90 days, your citation will be dismissed.
To request DSC by mail include:
- A copy of your proof of financial responsibility, or insurance
- A copy of your valid drivers license or permit
- Request for a Driving Safety Course Form: OFFICIAL DSC REQUEST FORM
- Signed Affidavit for a Driving Safety Course (2nd page of above linked form)
- Payment of court costs; only a cashier’s check or money order will be accepted
- A self addressed and stamped envelope and/or a current email address for return coorespondance
- Request must be postmarked by assigned court date.