Year Round Water Restrictions
Year round watering restrictions begins when the Edwards Aquifer level reaches above 660 feet at the J17 well or as determined by City Council.
- Water waste is prohibited at all times all year long. Water waste includes allowing water to run onto the sidewalk, curb, driveway, street or drain; or failing to repair a controllable leak. Penalties increase for water wasters. Residential water leaks must be repaired within 24 hours.
- To help conserve please reduce water consumption by any means available.
- NO landscape watering with an irrigation system or sprinkler between the hours of 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Hand watering with a hand-held hose, soaker hose, drip irrigation, bucket or watering can is permitted any time and any day.
- Residential washing of vehicles and mobile equipment is permitted only with a hose using an automatic shut-off nozzle or bucket of 5 gallons or less may be used and it must be done in your yard. Water is not allowed to run onto the street. The use of commercial vehicle wash facilities is permitted any day.
- Use of Aesthetic (decorative) fountains, waterfalls, etc. (outdoor and/or indoor) is recommended be shut off and recirculating fountains be operated only during low evaporation periods after 8 p.m. and before 10 a.m.
- Single-pass cooling systems in new connections
- Non-recirculating systems in new conveyer car washes
- Non-recirculating systems in new commercial laundry systems
Notification of restriction stages will be through the local television media, marquee signs, customer mail-out, and website. See stage restrictions on the left for specific details for each restriction. Please use water wisely.
For Questions, please call Converse Water Billing at 658-1965, or Utilities Department at 658-3453.
For more information please consult the Municipal Code, Division 3 Water Conservation, Sec 46-190, Stage I-IV Aquifer Awareness.