Water Restrictions Stage 3
Stage Three Alert begins when the Aquifer level reaches 640 feet at the monitored well.
- All restrictions from Stage I and Stage II.
- Water waste is prohibited at all times all year long. Water waste includes allowing water to run onto the sidewalk, curb, driveway, street or drain; or failing to repair a controllable leak. Penalties increase for water wasters. Residential water leaks must be repaired within 24 hours.
- Landscape watering allowed only EVERY OTHER WEEK on Monday, Wednesday and Friday with a drip irrigation system, hand-held hose, bucket or soaker hose from 3-8 AM and 8-10 p.m. only on designated days as determined by your address.
- Addresses ending in odd numbers are allowed to water on the full 1st and 3rd week.
- Addresses ending in even numbers are allowed to water on the full 2nd and 4th week.
- On months having a 5th week, no watering will be allowed.
- Planting of new landscapes is prohibited .
- Swimming Pools/hot tubs and similar facilities. Refilling of existing or new facilities is prohibited. Makeup of existing facilities due to evaporation is permitted.
- Non-commercial washing of vehicles is prohibited. Commercial washing of vehicles is permitted on the premise of a commercial washing facility.
- The washing of any impervious surface is prohibited, except for the immediate human health, safety and welfare, with written approval from the Director of Utilities.
For more information consult the Municipal Code, Division 3 Water Conservation, Sec. 46-190 Stage I-IV: Aquifer Awareness.