Water Utility - Billing

The Utility Billing Department is where you may come to start you water utility account with the City of Converse.

You can also:

  • Register your pets (if you live in the City limits)
  • Renew your vehicle registration (Only for Bexar County)
  • Rent our City Park Pavilions and Ball fields
  • Request bulk item pick-up
**The Utility Billing Department no longer accepts any of the above mentioned services after 4 p.m. in the afternoon.**


For your convenience, we have a night deposit box located in front of our office for payments that need to be dropped off after our office has closed. Please note, that NO CASH will be accepted in our night deposit box, only money orders and checks.

We also offer online bill pay for utility customers ($1.25 convenience fee is charged) and we accept credit card payments over the phone.

Effective July 10th, a 4% fee will be added to all payments made with credit or debit cards. This is a pass-through fee assessed by the credit card company.

The City of Converse now offers Automatic Drafting of Utility Payments from a checking or savings account. All you will need to do in order to get set up for this service, is fill out the Automatic Draft Application (PDF) form, and return it to our office with a copy of a voided check.

**Failure to receive utility bill does not constitute payment without penalties**

Starting New Service

To start new service, you will need to visit our office to fill out the residential/commercial deposit application, provide our office with a signed copy of purchaser/leasing agreement, and pay our $60 fee ($50 is the utility deposit, $10 is a non-refundable administrative fee). If you are unable to visit our office in person, you may use the online form to start the process. Complete the Residential Deposit Form or Commercial Deposit Form, scan your driver's license and purchaser/leasing agreement, and email the documents to the department.

You will then have to contact the office to make your payment for services. 

 In order to cancel/ disconnect services, you will need to fill out and return the Account Disconnection Form. This will need to be filled out by hand, not typed and returned to the office in person, via email, or via fax.

Storm Water & Water Interconnect Fees

The storm water fee on your Utility Bill is a state mandated fee of $2.43 used by the state to test run-off water from Texas waterways; the Interconnect fee is a fee of $3.72 added to all water bills to acquire new water lines for the city.

Vehicle Registration

As long as you do not need new plates, registration is current and valid for Bexar County, and have current auto insurance, you can present the renewal form from the Texas Department of Transportation to renew your tags at our office. The processing fee is $4.75.

**We do not process Vehicle Registrations after 4 p.m.**

Registration of Pets

Per City Ordinance, all pets that could potentially carry the rabies virus must have current rabies vaccination and be registered with the city. In order to register your pet, you will be required to provide current rabies vaccination paperwork to the water billing department to purchase your pet tag. ($3 per year if the pet is spayed or neutered, & $5 if they are not; $20 for a lifetime if the pet is spayed or neutered, and $25 if they are not)

**We do not process Pet Tags after 4 p.m.**